General meetings are those open to all members and visitors.
- General Membership Meetings shall be held no less than once a quarter. (Per Amending Vote coming soon)
- General Membership Meetings may be postponed or cancelled only by a majority vote of the Board of Directors.
- A special General Meeting may be established by the President, with the approval of the Board of Directors. The Membership may be notified a minimum of three business days in advance, of the time and place of the special meeting.
- The Board of Directors shall meet no less than four times a year, with a report of each meeting to the General Membership.
- All meetings shall be governed by, and conducted in accordance with Robert’s Rules of Order where appropriate.
- Fifty-one percent of the Board of Directors shall constitute a quorum at Board meetings.
Board meetings are those attended by the Board of Directors. Board meetings may be attended by any member who wishes to attend, but only Board members may vote. Visiting members shall respect the business of the Board and submit topics for the Board meeting agenda one week in advance to the President.
All attendees of AMCU meetings shall conform to the following Code of Ethics:
- There shall be no contacts, for the purpose of recruitment, initiated with attendees during AMCU events, or any other time, unless the member has made a written request for contact.
- There shall be no vendor displays at AMCU functions unless there is written approval by the Board of Directors in advance.
- Sales notices of any type are not to be placed on bulletin boards, left on tables or made publicly available during AMCU meetings unless there is written approval by the Board of Directors in advance.
- The Board of Directors reserves the right to determine if any activity is in violation of the Code of Ethics.
- Commercial business is NOT to be conducted OR pursued at any AMCU sponsored function.